Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ungrateful!

Well here is a brat-in-action! This is my 7th birthday party in Jan. 1976. I cannot even remember what I was pouting about. Probably didn't get my way. Brat! It was my first "friends" birthday party. I think I had some kids from Roosevelt st (on the other side of town) like Julie Prowse and her bro. Some other kids were Carla and Sue Minnich. The kid in the picture is not someone I even liked! He was our pastors son: Todd Mealwitz. His dad pastored Grace Lutheran Church on East River in Elyria. I don't think Todd and I ever spoke except maybe at this party. Anyhow we are in the living room of our house on Bell Ave and I am being presented with a custom birthday cake that a lady at church made. The dress I had on was one of those long types popular in the mid-seventies and it was my favorite dress if I had to wear one. I don't remember much of the party except I was mad and I'm sure made a complete idiot of myself for that. I do know Carla present was a red vinyl Donald Duck wallet...sweet. As for this photo I have some advice for my mother on that January day: save your money, save your time and turn me over your knee...I deserved it!

3 comments:

Davenholl said...

Thanks for your comment. All I have is pictures left so with each one I intend on telling a story so that someday my children will have a half way decent story of my life before them!

melanie said...

without a doubt...since the blogworld enjoys your stories how much more will/do your children & future generations as well! (when i read them its as if im experiencing the memory myself), so--good plan:D

Davenholl said...

Come back again! :)